In the age of quick e-greetings, the Indian tradition of beautifully designed and printed wedding invitation has prevailed. There are some tips for Indian wedding invitations.
Calculating the wedding cards expenditure goes beyond the cost per invitation. It is best to keep the total cost of the wedding cards in mind plus the delivery charges and a buffer for eventualities. Here is what will add to the cost of the traditional Indian wedding invitation cards: the paper quality; color; special color wishes; special designs; envelopes; inserts; gifts.
Apart from standard Indian wedding card templates that any printer will have on file, there are many ways one can personalize Indian wedding invitations. Apart from sending the main card with the actual wedding invitation, there are various options for inserts:
- an invitation to the couple’s engagement if that is taking place shortly before the wedding
- an invitation to the wedding sangeet, usually two to three days before the wedding
- an invitation to the mehendi ceremony if separate from the sangeet
- directions to the wedding venue and other functions’ venues
- the wedding program
- a translation booklet if the wedding card is in Hindi or any other language
- place cards for sit-down dinners
- RSVP cards
Most Indian weddings have a theme that is reflected in the wedding invitations through colors, style and design. Personalized gifts for each guest are becoming huge trends. Another trend is customized wedding stationery, such as elegant and sophisticated wedding invitations, RSVP cards, table plans and more.